Dr. Amogh Bhalerao and Dr. Gayatri Jadhav provide oral cancer screenings as part of your regular dental exams. These screenings help diagnose and treat oral cancer in the early stages of development, when successful treatment is more likely. Call Smiles R Us at 210-694-4999 today to schedule your appointment with our dentists and learn more about oral cancer screening in San Antonio, Texas.
Oral cancer, comprising cancers of the lips, tongue, throat and palate, can be effectively treated if detected early. In fact, oral cancer is one of the most treatable forms of cancer when diagnosed early. Unfortunately, most cases remain undetected until they progress to an advanced and more challenging stage. Our paramount concern is identifying and addressing oral cancers and abnormalities as early as possible. During your regular dental cleanings and exams, our skilled dentists and team will conduct thorough oral cancer screenings.
Recognizing the symptoms is crucial, and some common signs of oral cancer include:
- A persistent sore throat
- Unexplained bleeding in the mouth
- Enduring sores on the face, neck or mouth that do not heal within two weeks
- Unexplained loss of sensation or pain
- Lumps in the face, neck or mouth
- Ear pain
- Rough spots on the gums, lips or mouth
- Red, white or speckled patches inside the mouth
- Difficulties in chewing, speaking or swallowing
- Changes in dental appliances or in your bite
While we perform comprehensive screenings for oral cancer during your visits, we strongly advise you to promptly inform us about any dental pain or other issues you encounter. Our unwavering commitment lies in safeguarding your well-being and ensuring you maintain optimal health.